Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sigma Alpha Iota

Last semester, I was initiated into a women's music fraternity: Sigma Alpha Iota, Eta Omicron chapter!

At 27, I realize this might be seen as "too late" to some people (and to some organizations), but here's what's great about SAI: there's no age discrimination! Plus, I get to become affiliated with great women who, even though they are apart of the music department (in various ways, seems most are non-music majors) who I NEVER see! These ladies are incredible! Throughout my entire MIT process (that's member in training to you), I had many positive encounters with my now sisters who I might not have ever met! To be honest, I was nervous and slightly apprehensive for a few weeks after pledging because it is hard to get to know people you don't already know, but those feelings left the building and my MIT class, although small, was made up of extremely beautiful, talented, caring, and over all, wonderful ladies. There were 6 of us, and two of us were from Chicago! Imagine that! Joining SAI, for me, was destiny.

For the Spring 2014 semester, I volunteered to be a part of the recruitment committee since I will most likely not be able to take on a little this semester. I want a little SO BAD! I know I'd be a great Big! However, patience is a virtue right??? hahaha. I can be patient. I can. I CAN!

I have some really wonderful ideas for recruitment week! Filled with fun activities to bid day ideas and I hope that some of them can be done. Some of my ideas are include things like rose shaped cake pops for one of the initiation days, to fun gifts made from Big's to their new Little's (before the reveal aka pledging!), to a special gift from all the current sisters to the MIT's once they are fully initiated.

I'm ready to be the best sister of SAI that I can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment